mercredi 16 novembre 2016

Chai tea with almond milk

I discovered chai I backpacked through India for 1 month.

In India, it is served everywhere, all the time. Unfortunately it is not at all "paleo" precisely because it contains cow's milk and 4 to 5 sugar spoons per cup!

The one I drank in India and which was the most suitable to a paleo diet, I had it in Benares (type Varanasi or Benares in google image, you will see that this city is famous for other than its chai tea).

To be brief, I made a friend, Joti (ok this probably not his real name ...) who took me to his family to drink a chai tea, a real one.

First, the goat was milked (which is not palaeo at all). But at least I could see what the goat was eating. Her milk was not heated at high temperature and retained a nutritional interest.

But down there, no mass farming, where the animals never see the light of the day and are force-fed with antibiotics and hormones that are found in the milk like in our countries.

Then they infused all these magic spices and you had it! This was the best chai tea I had during that whole trip.

When I returned to the United States, I told myself that I had to "paleolize" this tea!

And so this is what I did and it was quite easy in fact. Here is a simple recipe:

The paleo chai:

Ingredients

-1 cup almond milk
-1 bag of chaï tea (I use some black tea which can be bought in dietetic stores)

In a saucepan, gently heat the milk with the tea bag. Stir from time to time. It's ready when the milk smells like spices.

And here is you paleo chai, full of good fats (almond milk) and antioxidants.

Yep, this chaï contains among other things: black tea, ginger, cinnamon, anise, rooibos, chicory, black pepper and cloves.

Why is this a fast recipe?

-Because tea is already in a bag. I also do it with a preparation that I dose myself. But it must be filtered later, it takes longer to prepare and clean. Sometimes (often), I'm lazy and I like this sachet of top quality organic tea.

-You can use ready-made almond milk. Use only natural almond milk otherwise you risk strang components like "rice starch" or "glucose" to rise to the top. You can even keep it a week in the fridge, enough to make you several hot teas.

This almond milk is really perfect to replace cow's milk. It is much lighter and is digested better. And when I see these cows with holes in them (no it's not a fake, some farmers install holes in the belly of the cows to control their digestion...) I'm glad I no longer drink cow's milk!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire